In 2019 ADQ will host regular Scratch Night Showings.
A Scratch night is an open access platform for the sharing of new ideas and choreographic works in development. Each Scratch Night is hosted by a local artist and includes a small Q&A session for artists to elicit feedback and commentary on their developing works.
A Scratch Night Showing provides:
– A low risk platform to share your work with members of the community
– The opportunity to pose questions or musings to the audience and gain new insights on the developing work
– Opportunity to film or photograph the work in a professional setting to assist in leveraging future funding and presentation opportunities
– Opportunity to raise the profile of your choreographic practice within an industry framework
– A capacity of 4-6 works for each Scratch Night will be hosted (pending their anticipated duration)
– Applications are accepted in order of receipt
– There is no selection panel or curation process
This opportunity is suitable for:
* Artists at any stage in their career
* Artists working across any aesthetic forms, genres or themes
* Artists who have material ready to share
* Artists with works in development. NB works in final stage development or finished product will not be accepted.
The first Scratch Night will be held Friday 10th May 2018, 6:30pm.
EOI’s close midnight 9th May 2019. Performances are accepted on a first come, first served basis.