Closes: 16 June 2017
Projects must contribute to the Brisbane Vision, by helping to achieve the aspiration to be a Friendly and Safe, Active and Healthy, Clean and Green, or Vibrant and Creative City.
The number and types of projects approved will depend on the number of applications received, the available program budget, whether a project meets the assessment criteria, and the comparative priority and benefit to the community of the applications.
Priorities to be met in an application can include:
- improved provision of, access to and the quality of, community facilities
- supporting community activities in the areas of recreation and sport
- supporting community arts and cultural activities - e.g. Christmas carols, Australia Day ceremony
- contributing to the appreciation of Brisbane's history and heritage
- responding to groups in the community - e.g. young people, refugees, people in need
- improving the environment
- contributing to the community safety
- contribute to improved health and well-being
- purchasing equipment to resource community organisations
- creating opportunities for residents to be informed and involved in their community