A well respected artist, Lizzie has a wealth of dance experience as performer, choreographer, director, teacher, arts administrator and researcher. Recognised as an outstanding female dancer, Lizzie’s sixteen year performance career (including eight with Expressions Dance Company and four with Leigh Warren and Dancers) has seen her perform major roles, both at home and abroad, in works by some of the world’s best choreographers.
As an independent she’s choreographed works for the likes of Expressions Dance Company (EDC), Royal Academy of Dancing, Noosa Long Weekend Festival and the South Australian Children’s Ballet.
As Co-Creative Director of Prying Eye, she has worked with Zaimon Vilmanis on collaborations including the spellbinding “White Porcelain Doll” (2014), “Resurfaced” – Brisbane Festival (2012) with Feet Teeth, and “Lady Electronica Live” – Judith Wright Centre (2012) with Donna Hewitt, and more recently “Cells Behaving Badly” – New Move Network (2016) and “The Inquisition of the Big Bad Wolf” – Supercell Dance Festival (2017).
As a teacher, Lizzie has taught for myriad professional dance companies and leading dance institutions both in Australia and overseas.
In addition, Lizzie is founder of Brisbane Dance Artists Hub for independent dance artists and a founding member of Pro Dance Classes Brisbane.
As an arts administrator, Lizzie has been IT Assistant/Administrator for the Northern Australian Regional Performing Arts Centre’s Association, Manager of the Brisbane cultural bar – Room 60, and Program Consultant of Ausdance Queensland.
- In 2017 Lizzie works across dance sectors as:
- Co-Creative Director – Prying Eye Productions
- Secretary of the Management Committee – Supercell Dance Festival
- Researcher – Master of Arts (Research) – Queensland University of Technology
- Rehearsal Director – EDC
- Acting Rehearsal Director – Dancenorth
- Professional Development Consultant – Ausdance Queensland
- Volunteer Coordinator/Moderator – Brisbane Dance Artists Hub
- Member on the Curatorial Panel – National Dance Forum 2017
- Guest Teacher – Dance studios, high schools, tertiary institutions, and professional dance companies across the globe