Unleashing in 2017, SUPERCELL is Brisbane’s new festival of contemporary dance, showing at the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts.
Supercell will present a curated program of the highest-calibre contemporary dance to develop and connect choreographers, dancers, and audiences.
The Festival recently announced the central pieces of its inaugural program:
- Person/All: A Triple Bill - Joe Lau and Bridget Fiske (UK/Australia)
- Passing – Amrita Hepi amd Jahra Wasasala (Australia/NZ)
- (To) Come and See – Simone Truong, Elpida Orfanidou, Anna Massoni, Eilit Marom and Adina Secretan (Switzerland)
- Pearl River Delta Dance - Guangdong Modern Dance Company (China), Max Dance Hall (Macau), Stella & Artists (Macau)
- Underworld - Sarah Aiken & Rebecca Jensen (Australia)
- Depthless – The Farm, Kate Harman and Ben Ely (Australia)
- Cry Jailolo - Eko Supriyanto (Indonesia)
The festival also includes a workshop and engagement program to allow Supercell artists to share their diverse styles, skills and knowledge with other professional contemporary dancers, as well as the general public and dance enthusiasts.
The first workshop of the program to be announced is Bare Bones, a 3-day dance workshop program delivered by The Farm for professional and emerging dance artists 18 years and over.
Over the course of three days, from 18 February to 20 February 2017, there will be different lessons and workshops of varied styles conducted by national and international dance teachers and directors who gather at The FarmHouse on the Gold Coast.
More information about Supercell and Bare Bones: