SuperCell is a new annual contemporary dance festival that will present a high calibre program of dance over 10 days 16-25 February 2017 at the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts in Brisbane. The festival aims to develop and connect choreographers, dancers and audiences of contemporary dance.
SuperCell is a non-hierarchal platform for dance artists. It aspires to become a highlight of Brisbane’s cultural calendar and a leader for contemporary dance on a global scale. Supercell aims to make Brisbane a national and international hub for contemporary dance by opening its doors to the world stage.
SuperCell is currently seeking Expression of Interests for its inaugural Independent Dance Exchange: INDEX.
Index is open to contemporary dance and physical theatre works by Queensland Artists that are:
- A full-length work of a solo, duet or trio
- Of 45-60 minutes in duration
- Have basic staging requirements. (Supercell will only be able to support simple lighting and sound support. Any special effects or technical support within the project will have to be provided by the Artist.)
- From Artists who are open and pro-active in advocating, promoting and engaging audiences in their work. This includes championing the marketing of their work as well as availability to participate in classes, talks and exchange opportunities conducted throughout the festival.
- Have the ability to provide at least one workshop, talk or community engagement activity in relation to the performance piece.
The Festival is in the final stages of programming and will launch the full program soon.
For more information and applications: http://supercelldancefestival.com/